Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mail Time!

Hi, sup... 'scion on?

I've felt like balls for the past couple of days so my posting has been lacking. My fail proof remedy of beer and ice cream is beginning to take effect so hopefully I'll be good again in a day or two. I've been doing my thing on ebay so I'll be getting some really cool stuff soon. I'm still waiting for a couple auctions to end tonight, but it should bring me some awesome "boxes" and I just put a small dent in one of my sets. I can't wait to show that off when they come!

In the meantime however, I'll be more than happy to show off what I got today. It came thanks to Cam over at the-card-blog. He sent me an email with a list of some cards off my trade bait page that caught his eye. I'll showcase the 3 he sent my way we talked about.

Photobucket
2003 Donruss Diamond Kings "Stat Line" #/251
This is what the trade talk started over. It took me awhile to warm up to the Diamond Kings line. When I first saw them, wasn't a fan. Now though, I've been checking out prices for boxes of '05 DK. Anyway, Cam does a great job abiding by the "The Sandlot Code" with the inclusion of some shine. It's #d to 251 for his career 2B total through 'o2. Also, if you look closely I pay homage to Shellie at the middle child with the Self Portrait shot via card shine.

Photobucket
2006 Topps Turkey Red SP
Next up is an SP from one of my favorite sets, the Turki

...

sorry

A bird just flew into my window. I looked up and saw him fly away and needed to laugh for a few minutes.

Anyway, yeah the Turkey Red line (ironic). Love that shit. This is the SP version where Mike's dawning his Hall of Fame Mets uniform. This is actually gonna go into the Team Set binder over the PC binder right now. I only have 2 more to go to finish off the '06 team set so I figure I'm closer to finishing that off than I am to getting all of Piazza's cards from '06.

Photobucket
2006 Topps Turkey Red "White"
3rd we've got a White Parallel from the same set of Jose Reyes. Great pic and I think what I like so much about the Turkey Reds are that they're dark, low contrast photos. I like black, bright colors just hurt my eyes. That's why I loved the 2007 Topps set when alot of other people slammed it.

Since I've started this, you guys have at least doubled my Piazza and Mets collections in only a few months time. Thanks!!!



(...Joe)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar