Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fun and games Blogfest entry

Alex over at Alex J. Cavanaugh 
is hosting a Fun and games blogfest today. The rules are simple I have to list three of my favorite games (any kind) and why.

Before I get to that I'd like to say I will not be posting tomorrow since I am posting today for the blogfest.


Now on to the games!


 3) The third favorite game on my list is WAR- card game- and I enjoy this game because I can play it with my girls and give them some competition in a luck sort of way.


 2) The second favorite game on my list is RUMY- card game- My grandmother taught this game to me when I was 14 (She cheats though and says she can't remember the rules right- LOL)


and my number one favorite game
1) well it used to be World of Warcraft (rpg) until hey instilled a new version that really made the game difficult to play by myself, so in light of that I have found a new love for the board game of Scrabble. I enjoy this game because the family can sit down and teach each other new words.


****
 My first weekend of summer college went okay. We had to watch a video about "Honor killing" where women are shot, burned, whatever men or women family members can do to restore the honor of the family. Basically a woman can be honor killed in india if she has sexual relations or is suspected of having sexual contact in any way with another male- rape included- basically their whole system works off a woman being a virgin in order to marry- if they are no longer virgins- no matter the cause or age- then they are no longer worth anything and without being married bring shame upon their entire family.


 Crazy enough the punishment for killing a woman by "Honor kill" is punishable by only six months in jail. I do not have time to go into more details about my feelings on this subject at the moment- but I can tell you I was outraged!
 The worst part is that a majority of these women believe they deserve it and this is how things should be done.
I'm Very glad I do not live anywhere near this place.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar