Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart

If any of you remember that song in the post title from childhood Vacation Bible School or Sunday School days feel free to sing along.
As usual for my Wednesday Post I am recounting the joys that happen each day. I suppose this might be my online gratitude journal. Joys happen daily, somedays large and some days small, but they do happen regularly. Somedays I have to look a little to find them, but they are always there. I think finding  something wonderful on even the darkest day might even be the ultimate joy. So here goes the list for week 29.

Wednesday: It was a lovely day, hot but lovely, and I got to do mostly what I wanted to do. I did have to run to the grocery store and DIL3 went with me to Aldi. She is a lovely woman who grew up in Switzerland (probably because her family is European, huh?) . The minute we walked through the doors she said she felt like she was back home. Aldi for the win!
As an aside, I have been telling her to quit asking if she can have something or look for something, but to treat this like it is her house. She finally is! I am thrilled! I want all of my DIL's to feel at home enough to just grab whatever they want or need when they want or need it.
Then to top off the day, DIL3, with Son3's chopping help, made us a delicious Swiss dinner.

Thursday:Watched more Killing Eve. The writing and acting on the show really does bring me joy. I adore well turned story lines and fine writing.
Did more stuff, have no idea what.

Friday: Officially turned the keys and title to Mom's car over to its new owner. Hooray one less thing to worry about. Also sold sherbet dishes on a group Facebook site. Then went on a little road trip intending to stay overnight at the lake. That kind of fell through, but the lake was beautiful for the couple of hours we were there.

Saturday: Hot day in the summertime! It was very hot and humid and muggy and the kind of day that makes mask wearing hard to handle. My option was the stay home or be hot. TheHub and I ran a couple of errands and it is amazing how fast we can get them done when we are wearing masks. No dawdling, just hit and run then make a beeline to the car for a little sanitizing and de-masking.
Later Son2 and DIL2 joined us for dinner, and laughs.

Sunday: TheHub and I woke, had coffee and streamed church. That always brings me joy, especially since they are working so hard to maintain church services and safety for those of us who don't want to sit outside in the sweltering sunlight to be part of the "live" service.
TheHub and I sat on the back porch and watched a thunderstorm roll in. I love feeling the drop in temp and the wind as the storm begins. Then unless the lightening is right on top of us we stay and enjoy the whole thing. We may or may not both have fallen asleep in our respective chairs.

Monday: A woman who had been thinking of buying Mom's bed bought it (finally) and took it home. Yay! Another thing out of the way.

Tuesday: The day was a darker day than most and filled with some angst, but there were still some joyful moments. One of my cousins received a difficult diagnosis that broke my heart. I did talk with her Tuesday night and she sounded so much better. That filled me with joy and hope. None of us get a perfect day or life so I am trying as hard as I know how to hang onto the bright moments that happen.

I hope your 29th week of 2020 was a good week and I hope you find joy every day for this new week.  
Today I begin the official 30th week of the year, and I am looking for all the brightness the week has to offer. Does that even seem possible that we are on the downside of the year?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar